Week of March 1
give new strength or energy to; reinvigorate.
Our guiding word for the club this year is refresh. We think it is appropriate as we come down off a year of feeling stagnant. As a team, our staff is looking for new ways to invigorate the club. We started 2021 with a new logo and we have added new free tennis ladder programming to our schedule. Beginning March 6th our water fitness class will resume and we continue to make upgrades around the club.
We are digging deep to find new ways to reinvigorate our members to help give you the strength and energy to tackle whatever comes your way this year.
We have two fun events lined up in March that we think will be great for all levels of players…
- March 17 from 6:00p to 8:00p Chris is planning some St. Patrick's Day doubles tennis matches, clinics, games, and prizes.
View Flyer PDF here
- March 1st through March 25th March Madness is one of my favorite sporting events, so I was so happy when Debbie came to us with this idea for the ladders. Do not be timid about trying these ladders. We have had great feedback from those participating in the program. If you have questions, please reach out to our coordinator, Debbie Hair at [email protected]
MARCH MADNESS COMES TO THE WAC DOUBLES LADDERS
us for the first ever MARCH MADNESS Doubles Ladder Competition! The
Doubles Ladder groups have been enjoying some fun and competitive tennis
and now it is time to take the competition to the next level!
For the month of March, we are having a competition in each of the Ladder Groups. Each player will accumulate points based on the number of games won each week AND the number of weeks you join the ladder in March. That means you get rewarded for the number of weeks you play in the ladder!!! How awesome is that?
It is time to bring out your competitive spirit and enjoy the MARCH MADNESS fun! Each Ladder group will be its own competition with prizes being awarded at the end of the month to the player with the most points. Do not forget, you are welcome to play in more than one Ladder Group. March Madness will begin Monday, March 1st and continue through Thursday, March 25th.
As a reminder, on-line registration opens 7 days in advance for this event. Registration closes on-line 24 hours prior to the start of play. All additions or deletions to the line-up must be made through the WAC Front Desk or by contacting Debbie directly at [email protected]. Please make every effort to play once you have registered. Last minute changes are very difficult to keep the line-ups filled in multiples of four players.
Here is the Current Ladder Schedule:
MON 5:00-7:00 (LEVEL 3.5) MIXED
TUE 5:00-7:00 (LEVEL 4.0-5.0) MEN
WED 10:30-12:30 (LEVEL-OPEN) MIXED
THU 2:00-4:00 (LEVEL 3.0-3.5) WOMEN
We will be replacing some windscreens and repairing some fencing on the tennis courts next Friday beginning at 8:00am so some courts will be blocked off. We will do our best to minimize the inconvenience to our tennis players and we ask for your patience while the work is being done.
We never have to prod Miguel or Tim to come up with new events and this month does not prove any different. Miguel has come up with a new tournament for our Pickleball players.
- March 27 from 8:00a to 9:30a (Advanced players) and 9:30a to 11:00a (Beginner/Intermediate players) - 27
Serves Pickleball Tournament. A MIXED DOUBLES TOURNAMENT on with a
twist. Forget all you know about the standard pickleball scoring system,
in this tournament EVERY SERVE can score a point for EITHER TEAM! Games
are to 14 points (a 14-13 game is 27 SERVES!
View Pickelball Flyer PDF here
- We are so excited to let you know that Water Fitness is back! Rhonda and Mary Ann are ready with some refreshing water routines. We will have the first class on Saturday, March 6 at 10:30am. Be sure to register prior to arriving at the club, as space is limited to allow for physical distancing. Please remember that masks are still required on the pool deck so wear them when you are not in the water.
- We will continue zooming our evening yoga and mat Pilates classes as this beautiful weather will not continue, but as soon as the warmer evenings come, we will begin in person evening classes on The Green. Rachelle is not able to continue her weekday classes, but we are looking at hiring another Mat Pilates instructor and hope to resume the 2 weekday classes soon.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Yoga with Annadelis
Meeting ID: 810 9504 5865
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Yoga with Annadelis
Meeting ID: 810 9504 5865
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Yoga with Bita
Meeting ID: 816 0231 8566
The password for all classes is WAC6164
Masks continue to be required in the gym area (Sorry!), so please respect this rule until we hear otherwise from the county. We have also had to go down to the gyms on several occasions when the maximum number of members working out exceeds COVID guideline capacity. All areas of the club require reservations. We ask that you not use the gyms if you are not registered to do so. Be sure to complete your workout promptly and exit the gym area at the end of your allotted time.
If you see any equipment that needs attention, contact the front desk or me as soon as possible, so we can repair/replace it in a timely manner.
We seem to be making signs every other day with changes from the county. Here is a recap of current and long-standing rules for the gym areas:
- Maximum number of persons allowed in each gym: Cardio – 4 persons, TRX - 3 persons, TechnoGym – 2 persons
- Masks are required at all times (This is a current Safer at Home requirement)
- Appropriate attire is required while in the gym (shirts, closed toed athletic shoes)
- You must have a reservation to use the gym
- Wipe down equipment before AND after use (we have had several complaints about this from members)
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance from other members
- Complete your workout and exit the gym as soon as your reservation time has ended
- Return all equipment to the proper area after use
- You must be 14 years old to use the gym and gym equipment
I am so happy our members are enjoying the new outdoor showers. The purpose of the showers was for our swimmers to be able to do a quick rinse after your swim. California continues to be under drought conditions and we also saw a huge increase in our water bill with the installation of the showers. Please be mindful and take no longer than 5 minutes for your rinse. Having said this, it is important to always do a quick rinse prior to entering the pool.
taken longer than we had hoped, but jacuzzi reservations can now be made
after your swim lane reservation. Please log out of the Westlake
Athletic Club app and log back in before you try to do this.
Occasionally, you may have to delete the app and redownload it for it to
work. Please try these steps before calling the club for assistance.
Thank you again to all of you who have helped keep the club running smoothly. Using the reservation system and masking up as you move through the club. Your patience has not gone unnoticed by our team. We are a small staff and your actions have an immense impact on us. With all my gratitude I thank you for having such a positive impact on our team and together let us make this an amazing year, or shall we say, a refreshing year.
Westlake Athletic Club