Health Tips for Surviving the Holidays
The holidays are right around the corner, marking the beginning of the 5-week holiday celebration that often spells the doom for your health and fitness plan. The holiday season does not need to spell the doom of your fitness plan but only if you make the right choices even when those around you are not! Here are a few tips to help you change your thinking this time of year.
- Just say No – Think twice before you take that food or drink and decide if you really want it!
- Hydrate – Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Aim for eight 8oz glasses of water each day.
- Forget your workout routine – You may not have time for your full routine, so don't do it! Exert yourself for 10 minutes if that is all the time you have. Toss the "all or nothing" mindset!
- Let go of perfect – You will miss a workout! It's not the end of the world! Just make sure you get the next one done.
- Indulge for a night, not a season – It is easy to overindulge when the season of parties and leftovers is upon us. Avoid allowing "treats" to become staples by not letting them linger in the house after the celebration has ended. When the party is over, dump the junk!
- Bounce Back – Okay, you missed your workout or overindulged. Bounce back the next day with a more intense or longer exercise session. You'll feel better burning off the additional calories!