Healthy lifestyle here we go….
- 7 to 9 hours of sleep. Nail this and a lot of the other aspects of healthy living fall into place. While we are all different when it comes to the amount of sleep we require to be our best during the day, 7 to 9 hours a night is an accepted norm. Know how much you need and do your best to protect this requirement by organizing your commitments accordingly.
- Vegetables. The wider the variety of the colors the better. Having these in your diet 5 days a week should be the minimum. Steaming or frying your vegetables in coconut oil will ensure the produce maintains much of its nutrients.
- Limit Sugar. If you take sugar in your coffee, ask yourself whether or not you can do without the sugar. Look for small ways to cut back on sugar.
- Exercise 30 minutes 5 times per week. Is there a type of exercise that you've enjoyed in the past? Start there and build. Variety is the key to ensuring you don't get bored, so change it up as much as you can. Change your exercise, change your route, and change your company.
- Stress-relief plan. Stress is a reality of life. Have a plan for how you will deal with it. Meditate, exercise, watch a movie, read a book or talk with a loved one. Take a proactive approach by giving yourself a set time each day for your own wellness.
- Socializing. Setting time aside to connect with your friends and family is great for your health.
- Routine. Building a pattern of behavior up over a long period of time will make it easier for you to sustain a healthy lifestyle. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!
Pick and choose a couple of things that you can change or add to your current routine. Start small and build some momentum with those little changes and you'll be encouraged to add a couple of more in time.