WAC is Opening for Limited Tennis and Pickleball This Monday!!!
We are happy to announce our tennis courts will re-open with L.A. County protocols on Monday, May 18th at 8:00am. Please read below for details including modified facility hours and tennis and pickleball play guidelines. We are excited to tell you that we have repaired the "bubbling" issues on courts 7, 9 and 11 and they should be playable by Tuesday, May 19th.
Modified Facility Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am-5:00pm
Reservations for Tennis Courts:
We have updated the on-line reservations to accommodate the modified club hours. Please make your reservations on-line to ensure you have an assigned court. The same rules we had prior to the Covid 19 closure for reserving on-line are still in place.
We will not resume membership dues until June 1st.
If you do not wish to utilize the club during the re-opening, you may place your membership on a one-time-only membership freeze for up to 90 days. This request must be in writing and submitted by Sunday, May 31st. A medical freeze is still available up to 180 days with a Physician's note should you require this for medical reasons.
All payments, whether it be for private lessons or court fees, must be paid by credit/debit card or as a charge to your club account.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has released specific safety guidelines we all must follow. Please read the guidelines below:
Tennis Play Guidelines:
By order of the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Executive
1. Physical distancing of six (6) feet is required at all times.
2. Participants are required to wear face coverings at all times except during active play.
3. Singles play only for a maximum reservation of one hour. No guests are allowed at the club.
a. Doubles play is not allowed.
4. Touchless check-in will take place in the main lobby. Doors to the tennis courts will be open. Please check in and move quickly to your assigned court.
a. Please check-in no more than five (5) minutes prior to your reservation or lesson time.
b. Please be sure to follow all arrows and signage as you make your way to check-in.
5. Each member must bring their own tennis balls with their initials or specific markings to differentiate during play.
a. Players must serve with their own tennis balls.
Participants are instructed to bring hand sanitizer or disinfecting
wipes to wash and sanitize hands frequently, some sanitation stations
will be available on the path to the courts
7. Lower restrooms will be open and under stringent cleaning requirements. Only two persons at a time are allowed in the restrooms and physical distancing guidelines should be followed
a. No Showers in the locker room at this time
8. Private lessons allowed using proper physical distancing.
a. Both student and instructor are required to wear face coverings except during active play.
b. No group lessons involving more than two (2) students allowed.
9. Doors, entrances, and/or gates will remain open and touchless during modified facility hours.
10. Participants are instructed to bring their own refillable water bottle.
a. You will not have access to water fountains, but refill stations will remain open.
11. Failure to adhere to above rules and regulations may jeopardize your membership privileges.
*All guidelines are subject to change*
We will be creating a video to show you what we have done to institute the protocols from L.A. County Health and to prepare you for your return to the club. I will send the video out in a separate email on Sunday.
I have had the chance to talk to many of you and there are varying opinions on what is necessary to keep people safe. In that light, I ask that everyone follow the guidelines from the L.A. County Health Department that we are required to adhere to. It is only if we continue to adhere to the guidelines and do our part to help the infection in our area to stay low that we will be able to remain open and begin the process of opening the pool and workout areas sooner rather than later.
Please reference the link below for additional information on our enhanced policies and procedures due to COVID19
WAC New Policies and Procedures
We want to thank you all for your continued patience and support during this time. We are looking forward to seeing you on the courts this coming week and continue to prepare for the reopening of the other areas of the club in the future.
Clarification on Membership Dues with Limited Tennis and Pickleball.
Only tennis and pickleball members need to inform me if you want to continue on hold for up to 90 days. Our fitness members will continue to be on hold until those areas of the club are reopened.
Also, we noticed a few reservations for next week include doubles play. Please remember only singles play is allowed at this time. If you have made reservations for a doubles match, be sure to make the correction
as soon as possible.
My apologies for the confusion. We look forward to seeing all of you soon.